Buescher (b.1861-d.1937) had worked for Conn-Dupont started his own independent company in as the Buescher Manufacturing Co. in 1894.
- 1894 - After working for Conn-Dupont, Buescher left to start his own independent company in as the Buescher Manufacturing Co.
- 1904 - Buescher changed the name to Buescher Band Instrument Co.
- 1916 - Buescher sold the company, though he remained as manager and engineer to a group of businessmen including Andrew Beardsley. Buescher remained as president until 1919, when he became vice president (manager and engineer) and Beardsley became president.
- 1924 - The Elkhart Band Instrument Company was started by Buescher President Andrew Beardsley.
- 1928 - Beardsley died and the Buescher Co. merged with the Elkhart Band Instrument Co. Some sources say 1926.
- 1929 - Buescher resigned.
- 1932 - ART Musical Instruments was founded in 1932 by F. A. Buescher, with Harry Pedler becoming vice-president of the ART company in 1934.
- 1937 - Buescher died
- 1937 - After Buescher died in 1937, the Art Musical Company became Harry Pedler & Sons.
Elkhart used Bandmaster, Tempo and Windsor as tradenames. Buescher used Elkhart Band Inst as a trademark.
- a) There was an Elkhart Musical Instrument Company that made brass instruments between 1912 and 1917, and that it subsequently merged with Martin.
- b) there was a Elkhart Band Instrument Company that made saxophones instruments between 1924 and 1928, and in 1928 started making brass instruments including trumpets, cornets, valve and slide trombones, ballad horns, alto horns baritones and basses aimed at the student market. In 1928, it merged with Buescher.
- c) Buescher also used it as a trade name.
In 1963, Selmer purchased the Buescher Band Instrument Company just as it was being closed for good. Actual purchase was by the Bundy Band Instrument Company, a subsidiary of H. & A. Selmer, Inc. The Buescher name and most of the lines were perpetuated by Selmer. Selmer also used the Buescher name on some horns made by Boosey and Hawkes.
Contribute new Data (or Corrections):
(Please use the forum for discussions, questions, etc.)